Got a kick-arse business you wanna get some free promotion for?? Email victoria@supportingempoweredwomen.com

Sunday 11 September 2011

Support Women on a Grand Scale

http://www.kiva.org/

I can't remember when I first heard about KIVA but it was a real light bulb moment for me. Kiva provide safe and easily obtained loans for people who are starting or expanding a business. It is a great tool for us to use in our quest to support women who are supporting themselves.

The loans are interest free and paid back to the lenders over a number of months agreed upon before the loan is put to market. All we need to do is pick who to lend our money to.

You can search for people to lend to, just select the "female" box and then browse through and find a business idea, region of the world or enterprise that you feel strongly about and make a loan. All loans start at $25. Just be aware that when you choose to lend your money, the payment screen will automatically add a "donation" to KIVA for operating costs. This is automatically set to 15% of the amount you choose to lend. I always change this to 5% (an option in the drop down box) because I make so many little loans, I don't really have the disposible cash to donate so much every time and the amounts can run away from me.

Click Here!! to join me on Kiva to make a difference to women in the world. This is my new Kiva profile with the Blog Pic as the profile Pic. This is who I have made a loan to today, the first for the S.E.W. Blog.



Serah Wanjiku- Kenya.
Borrowing money to buy a sewing machine to expand her clothing shop.
Needs another $75.

I strongly recommend that you have a look at this site and make as many loans as you can afford to women who are toughing it in rough circumstances, trying to do the best for themselves and their family. I will be making a loan a month and posting them on the blog.

Help a sister out!

No comments:

Post a Comment