Got a kick-arse business you wanna get some free promotion for?? Email victoria@supportingempoweredwomen.com

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Gooseberry Bush Kidz

I found Gooseberry Bush Kidz on Facebook and just loved the simple, retro and kid-friendly style of the clothing. Anna has very kindly added her beautiful business to our blog... happy shopping!




Gooseberry Bush Kidz, (or GBKz as it is affectionately known), was created as a result of my husband buying me a sewing machine for Christmas 2009/10 for "mending ", and then me discovering that I could sew!!

I had made a couple of dresses/skirts for my daughter, which received compliments. This turned into me making a few dresses at rock bottom prices for the play group mums. With their encouragement, GBKz was born.


I create; "boutique toddler clothing for kids found under the gooseberry bush". As a 70's child I like to stick with the retro feel of fabrics and design. I also like to keep the clothing practical, I like to think that it can be worn any time, anywhere. I'd have to say the GBKz signature pinny is my best seller. so..... I keep making it

GBKz was born out of a need for me to "do something". As a SAHM to a 16mth old, as she was then, an Occupational Therapist, B.C., (before child), and a part time student, also BC, I needed something for me. I was battling PND too, so sewing helped me to find a way out of this cloud over my life .

What started out as a hobby turned into a passion and very quickly a small business, which amazingly turned over a small profit in the first year. That in itself was something that I had not even dreamed  possible. After all, I didn't even know that I could sew ! Right ?

I have now returned to work as a part-time Occupational Therapist, something that I thought I had lost the passion for, and am now learning all about juggling a business that is a passion and "paid" work.


I currently only sell through Facebook and local markets, however there is a website in the making and coming soon...

I have attached some photos from GBKz, however you can also see a selection  HERE

So, ladies, please jump over to the Facebook page of Gooseberry Bush Kidz via the link above and have a look at Anna's stunning retro inspired clothing for kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment