Got a kick-arse business you wanna get some free promotion for?? Email victoria@supportingempoweredwomen.com

Tuesday 8 November 2011

As It Should Be


I am very excited this week! Today I get to showcase the business of my very best friend in the world. She is my first girl love and she will be with me forever! Now, Fair warning; Robyn has written as enthusiastically as she speaks, and as plentiful! I've popped everything under headings so you can find the bits you need the best. She is not only an amazing and beautiful woman, she is also the Maude to my Ethel and I hope you'll all support her as much as I do.


As It Should Be

So, my company is called As It Should Be Massage and Personal Training. 

Gym Training:
I currently work at The Good Life in Mt Lawley so if you are a member, I can train you there. I charge $40 for a 30 minute session, $55 for a 45 minute session and $70 for an hour. This includes an initial consultation where we discuss what you want from your training, goal setting, any injuries you may have or any medication you may be on. Measurements are taken and some fitness testing done to find out what your starting point is.




Group Classes: 
I also offer outdoor group fitness classes that are not connected to the gym. These can be tailored to suit the specific group's needs - whether it be a bootcamp, sport specific or a mother's group. These will cost between $15 and $35 per session, depending on the number of participants. I also train individuals outside the gym and the prices are the same as above.


About My Outdoor Sessions: 
Training ordinarily runs for between 45 and 50 minutes, comprising a short warm up, followed by the main workout, a series of Ab exercises and finishing with a short stretch session, depending on the time.

Sessions mainly incorporate compound bodyweight exercises (ie - squats, push ups, burpees, etc), mixed in with interval training (running sprints and some stair work if we find a venue that has stairs), plyometrics (jumping exercises), circuit training, some light weight and exercise band work. Each session is different from the next and of course, each session gets progressively more challenging!

The venue of the sessions could be varied to include the beach, out in the hills, Jacob's Ladder and the like.


Massage:
I also run a Mobile Massage service - $100 for an hour, $75 for 45 minutes and $50 for 30 minutes. All done in the comfort of your own home. The client just needs to provide some towels and their own choice of music. Types of massage include Swedish (relaxation), deep tissue and trigger point therapy.

About Me:
I was a competitive swimmer growing up and tried my hand at a variety of sports - hockey, netball, surfing, squash, tennis, biathlon. So have been fit and active most of my life, except for a period in London where things got a tad of of hand and I ballooned to over 80kgs! So I do know what it is like to have been considerably larger than the norm. I decided that enough was enough when I tipped the scales at 81kgs and stared swimming again and joined Weightwatchers, but it was only when I was hospitalised with acute pancreatitis a few years later that I realised that I seriously needed to do something to get my health back on track, so I took up running, as well as boxing and went from someone who couldn't run for a bus to running 10k's in under an hour - no mean feat for a water baby who looks like a sick tortoise going backwards whilst running! By the time I left London, I weighed 72kgs and my health was back on track - no more blood tests and anti-cholesterol tablets meant for 50 year olds! Thank you exercise! 



I got back into competitive swimming (with a Masters club) a few months after moving to Australia and realised how much I loved being active and fit and competitive. I also started going to the gym and kept up my running a bit. My swimming career culminated in October 2009 when I competed in the World Masters Games in Sydney, where I won a gold, silver and bronze medal and swam Personal Best Times in all my events. While this was all going on, I kept thinking that I really should be doing something more with this whole health and fitness thing and the ubiquitous AIF ads with Michelle Bridges where starting to hit home. It wasn't until my whole life imploded at the end of 2009 (I left my husband, lost my job and had a falling out with some of the members of my swimming club - all in the same week!!), that I decided to do something about it and enrolled at the AIF to become a Personal Trainer and Massage Therapist at the beginning of 2010. Best decision ever!

I still like to compete and ran the 12k City to Surf earlier this year and will be competing in the Rottnest Channel Swim in 2012 in a duo. Next year I may even run the half marathon as well.


Robyn's contact details are robynphillipspt@gmail.com and number 0414 300 173.

So, if you love to look and feel awesome, give Robyn a call and support her business. Help a sister out!!

1 comment:

  1. you are truly amazing both you Vic for doing this site and you Rob for just who you are!!!!

    ReplyDelete